Wednesday 3 October 2012

PACKAGING PROTOTYPES

These are a few snapshots of the prototype model I had been working on for my final packaging net. They were potential models which I could be using.
This is a simple CD case where the inside has a space for inlay and the CD itself. The right side is for the inlay and the other for the CD, and the consumer can simply slide out the inlay with a finger using the space provided. A simple design, and effective too. I used cardboard for its sturdiness and durability compared to a material such as printing paper and cartridge paper, but it can be difficult to fold in places, so when folding, I had toe sure that the parts that needed folding were folded well.

Another prototype model. This one uses a similar design to the first prototype, except that the sliding-in-and-out is used for both the inlay and the CD space. Around these, there is a border-like edge, which was inspired from Pink's 'Greatest Hits...So far!!!' album, which I thought tidied up the packaging. Again card was used for durability and stability. Another effective design.

This is a small version of the Wow spiral inspired by the original from Wewow. I wanted to give a try on my own after analysing the original model found on the website (and because they didn't provide any instructions as to how to make one of your own). It took me awhile to get my head around the clasping mechanism, but eventually, I got there and managed to form one. I used a simple piece of A4 card for this, which was not as thick as the pieces of card for the other prototypes. This was because, I wanted to use the thicker card for when I perfect the practise version ( I have to admit that I was really proud of myself when I managed to form the clasp).

The Wow spiral when opened.

No comments:

Post a Comment